Utica Academy of Science Featured on WKTV
Thursday, November 5th, 2020- We are excited to share that just yesterday, Utica Academy of Science was featured on WKTV, an NBC affiliate station, on its impressive morning health and safety routine. Utica Academy of Science follows the New York state guidelines for health and safety. Click here to read the story and to view the news clip.
Halloween Costume Contest
Wednesday, October 28th, 2020—Utica Academy of Science Elementary School will be hosting a Costume Contest on October 28th, 29th and 30th. Atoms are encouraged to come to school or to their Wednesday Zoom session, wearing their Halloween costume. Each class will vote for their favorite costume. The class winners will compete for a chance to be the Costume Contest Party winner of the school! At the end of the week we will post the school-wide winners on Dojo.
October Coffee Talk
Wednesday, October 28th, 2020—Utica Academy of Science Elementary School will be hosting its monthly Coffee Talk on Wednesday, October 28th at 11:00 AM. All families are welcome to attend as we discuss topics and share resources and experiences that are relevant to our school community. The goal of these monthly meetings is to create an environment for both students and parents alike that will foster greater interaction, growth and learning to occur. We hope you can join us!
Friday, October 23rd, 2020—With the upcoming Halloween weekend there are many activities, traditions and festivities that take place for Atoms both big and small. We want to share with you helpful health and safety tips, tricks and ideas for you, your family and loved ones to help ensure that you have a safe and healthy holiday. Please click here to read the Halloween Guidance issued by New York State Department of Health. Stay safe, Atoms!
No School - Indigenous Peoples' Day
Monday, October 12th, 2020—There will be no school on Monday, October 12th, 2020 in observance of Indigenous People's Day. Classes will resume on Tuesday, October 13th, 2020. Enjoy this long weekend, Atoms!
Utica Academy of Science District Wide Safety Plan Public Hearing
Utica Academy of Science and Citizenship provides an opportunity for school personnel, student, and public to make public comment about our district safety plan.
Public hearing meeting will take place on Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 1pm.
Meeting will be online. Please click here to join the meeting.
Meeting ID: 83291974005
Join by phone: (US) +1 253-215-8782
Approved Dual College Credit Courses at SANY
Following approved dual college credit courses are offered at our SANY Schools.
Mohawk Valley Community College: www.mvcc.edu
- EN 101 - English I - Composition
- EN 102 - English II - Ides and Values in Literature
- EN 110 - Oral and Writing Communication
- EN 150 - Effective Speech
- FA 100 - Creativity in Art
- FA 101 - General Drawing
- HI 103 - History of Western Civilization: Early Civilization to 1453
- HI 104 - History of Western Civilization: 1453 to Present
- HI 111 - American History 1492-1850
- HI 112 - American History 1850-Present
- PS 101 - American National Government
- MA 110 - Elementary Statistics
- MA 115 - Intermediate Mathematics
- CH 111 - Chemistry I
- CH 112 - Chemistry II
Onondaga Community College: www2.sunyocc.edu
- EN 103 - Fresh/Composition I
- EN 104 - Fresh/Composition II
- MAT 143 - PreCalculus
- MAT 161 - Calculus I
- MUS 160 - Intro to Music Theory
SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry: www.esf.edu
- EFB - 120 The Global Environment and the Evolution of Human Society
- FCH - 496 Intro to Renewable Energy
- Early OCC and Utica College (www.utica.edu) Bridge Programs are also available for SANY students.
For detailed information please see your College Guidance.
Welcome Back UAS Atoms
Welcome back students, parents, and staff to #UASCS for 2020-21 school year. Stay safe and healthy #UASAtoms
New Meal Ordering Process
The SANY mission is to provide support, challenges and opportunities for its students through education. It also remains critical that our students continue to receive safe, healthy, and nutritious food. In an effort to bridge the access to nutritious food SANY has utilized MyPaymentsPlus.com as a way for families to “order” meals.
If your student is new to SANY or you have not set up a MyPaymentsPlus.com account you will need your student(s) school ID. Should you need your student’s ID please contact the main office of the school your student attends. Reference enclosed instructions for more assistance with account set up.
Once you log into MyPaymentsPlus.com you will be on the parent home page, select the Events & Activities. You will see a list of available activities for your student, look for Remote Learning Meals (this is for students that are remote learning only), Mon/Tues Students (this is for students attending in person classes on Mondays and Tuesdays) or Thurs/Friday Students (this is for students attending in person classes on Thursday and Fridays). Look for “How To Pre-Order Meals” video on all SANY social media platforms.
Please note that Remote Learning Meals will be used until your student starts to attend in-person classes.
Should you need meals starting September 8th, the order must be in by NOON September 4th.
After September 4th, the cut-off for ordering will be every Wednesday by midnight, the week prior to when the meals will be needed.
Please watch the provided video below on how to register and/or how to order meals.
Please see link below for the my payments plus website:
In order to ensure that families have enough storage space pick up will be Tuesdays and Thursdays. Tuesday will provide breakfast and lunch for Wednesday and Thursday; Thursday will provide breakfast and lunch for Friday, Monday and Tuesday.
We are in this together and together we will get through this interesting time.
We wish you a healthy and safe school year.
Utica Academy Revised Reopening Plan
Dear Utica Academy of Science Parents and Guardians,
After assessing our reopening plan with teachers, parents, families, and community members' input, we have made some changes to our reopening plan in order to ensure the health and safety of our students, families, staff, and community, while continuing to support the social-emotional and academic growth of our students.
Utica Academy of Science Elementary School’s first day of school will remain September 8th, however we will begin with one (1) week of online instruction. After the initial week online, UAS Elementary School will begin to bring back each grade level for hybrid instruction one week at a time. Following a staggered schedule to return students back to school will give the school additional time to meet with new families and prepare classrooms. It will also allow us to teach our Kindergarten students foundational skills in a smaller environment. In addition, it will give all students, whether they selected hybrid or full-time online, an opportunity to acclimate to online instruction with the full support of their teachers and administrators.
All families should have received a dojo message with your child's teacher's name, the instructional model that you selected, and if you selected hybrid, the 2 days that your child will attend in person.
Any families who selected full-time online instruction will remain online throughout the staggered return dates.
The elementary school schedule will be as follows:
- September 8: Grades K through 3 will begin online instruction on September 8th.
- September 14: Families who selected the hybrid model will send their Kindergarten students to school following their scheduled days starting on September 14th. Grades 1 to 3 will remain online.
- September 21: Families who selected the hybrid model will send their First Grade students to school following their scheduled days starting on September 21st. Grades 2 to 3 will remain online.
- September 28: Families who selected the hybrid model will send their Second and Third grade students to school following their scheduled days on September 28th. All families who selected full-time online, will remain online.
The health and safety of our school community is of the utmost importance. Staggering the return of students allows us the unique opportunity to take a measured approach to returning students back to school.
If you have any questions, please contact the elementary school main office at 315-574-3000 or your classroom teacher on ClassDojo or through email.
Utica Academy of Science Middle School will begin to bring back each grade level for hybrid instruction in a staggered schedule.
- September 8: Families who selected the hybrid model will send their 6th grade students to school following their scheduled days starting on September 8th. Grades 6-8 students who are receiving Special Education and ENL Services will also start in-person on September 8th. All 6th grade families who selected full-time online, will remain online. Grades 7 and 8 will remain online.
- September 21: Families who selected the hybrid model will send their 8th grade students to school following their scheduled days starting on September 21st. All 6th and 8th grade families who selected full-time online, will remain online. Grade 7 will remain online.
- September 28: Families who selected the hybrid model will send their 7th grade students to school following their scheduled days starting on September 28th. All families who selected full-time online, will remain online.
Please note that in-person education is only for those parents that selected Hybrid Model earlier. More detailed information will be provided to families via letter, e-mail, or robocall. If you have any questions, please contact the middle school main office at 315-266-1072.
Grades 9-12 will be fully online in the 2020-21 school year as communicated since the beginning. We will provide online classes in both synchronous (live) and asynchronous classes. In addition, HS scholars will have an opportunity to come into the building and meet with their mentor once a week on a designated day.
If you have any questions, please contact the high school main office at 315-574-3000.